Friday, November 23, 2012

Thanksgiving


It's that time of year again: Turkey, Stuffing, Veggies, and Gravy.  And seeing how this is just another food blog on the internet, it's time for...My Thanksgiving Post!!!!

Now seeing how i work in a restaurant, I had to work on Thanksgiving,  So, invited my parents and sisters to my apartment on the Tuesday for our Thanksgiving Dinner.  Thanks to the free turkey i get from work, i only had to buy a few other ingredients.  Here was my menu:

Roasted Sage Turkey
That's a Sage Compound Butter under the Turkey skin



Rosemary Gravy
I boiled some of the Turkey Au Jus with a sprig of rosemary

Sauteed Veggies

Sauteed Brussel Sprouts, Corn, and Green Beans with Oven Roasted Tomatoes

Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallows
Sweet Potatoes tossed with some cinnamon and roasted in the oven with marshmallow.  (Note - forgot to add some allspice)

Dried Cranberry Stuffing
Used the crust from 2 loaves of wheat bread and dried cranberries to make this traditional stuffing.  also made with celery, onions, sage, thyme, parsley, and chicken stock.

Needless to say, my parents were very happy!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment