Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Intro

Great, not another food blog.

Yes, this is going to be another food blog out in the vastness of the world wide blog-o-sphere.  This blog will not just be about how to make Filipino Food, but about some of the origins of Filipino Foods.  Before starting culinary school, many of the Filipino Foods that I had thought were originally Filipino, turned out to be a variation of a Spanish or Chinese dish, or just so happened to have a Spanish name.  For example, Filipino Adobo is meat cooked with soy sauce and vinegar, while Spanish Adobo is the word for "Sauce" or "Marinade" cooked with the meat.  I want to inform you, the readers, of those differences.  Plus, I will share some of my recipes to see how I make said dishes.  This is a blog that I have been meaning to write about since i finished my culinary school classes back in November of 2004.

Now for a little about myself.  Online, I either go by "scaloy", "s_caloy", or "super caloy".  I love Cooking and Eating Food.  But more than that I love Anime and Manga.  I collect lots of different dvds, manga, and other merchandise, and I take lot's of pictures of Cosplayers.  I have been attending Anime Expo since 1996 and Anime Los Angeles since 2005.  This blog will try to stay away from some of that stuff, unless I find something interesting in an Anime or Manga that is food related.

Now, I may not be able to write a post for this blog every week because of my obligations to work and my hobbies, but I will do my best to have something written.  To "test" each article/blog post, i will be submitting them to my friend's blog, for some helpful editing.  Then I will post them to this blog.

I am very excited to be able to finally start this and I hope you all enjoy.  Thank You!
-Carlo

No comments:

Post a Comment